The Web UI/UX Designer is responsible for being the driving force in executing quality customer user interface & user experience interactions for its global Web applications and Web site assets through the creation of high fidelity mockups, prototypes, and graphical elements. Responsible for consistency across all digital mediums, the Web UI/UX Designer defines style, layout, graphic, coding standards, and best practices for Web development. The Web UI/UX Designer position requires a blend of creative and technical disciplines.
Develops page template layouts and page content structure that blends quality user interface/interaction driven by established site conversion goals and key performance indicators.
Executes design consistency through the creation and maintenance of style guides to support established standards & best practices across all digital mediums for user interface. This includes; site organization, page layout, navigation, style sheets, graphical elements, fonts, and color palette.
Translates business requirements into high fidelity site/page mockups with the ability to convert designs into working prototypes and executes design through final implementation with content & development teams.
Tests Web sites and applications in various environments to ensure optimal user experience and proper functioning while optimizing code/script overhead. Must be able to identify and correct CSS and cross-browser compatibility issues.
Analyzes and executes user experience improvement through a wide variety of qualitative methods and knowledge of current design trends & technologies.
Works with Business Analysts and Web Designer/Developers to implement improvements to existing Web pages based on best practice standards for optimization of Web site templates for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), load speed, accessibility and usability.
Implements A/B testing scenarios (or other) to measure the impact of site engagements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
3-4 years of related experience in a senior position focused on UI, UX, graphic design, and Web publishing with an enterprise level content management system. e-Commerce and/or mobile experience a plus.
Bachelors Degree in a related field or equivalent related work experience required.
Portfolio of electronic or printed samples demonstrating experience is required.
Experience utilizing Responsive Web Design (RWD) to facilitate quality viewing experiences across a wide range of browsers, tablets and mobile devices required.
Experience creating prototypes which establish page conventions and content pattern for an enterprise Web Content Management System.
Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing .
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
· Git experience required.
· Creative, resourceful, and innovative with strong attention to detail.
· Enterprise level content management system experience required. Adobe Experience Manager (AEM/CQ) experience preferred.
· Expert in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver).
· Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or other enterprise level analytics platform experience preferred.
· Knowledge of Web based display issues, such as dithering, Web safe color palettes, resolution, file size, and file formats.
· Demonstrated UI/UX design principles and best practices implementations.
· Proficient using both Macintosh OS X and Windows-based computers.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines and project milestones
· Able to give and receive feedback in a positive, constructive manner
· Possess passion for staying up-to-date on best practices in the fields of creative design, usability, human factors, multimedia and interface design.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly and effectively present work
· Able to work collaboratively as a team player.
***Portfolio, or a link to a portfolio, is required with resume submission for consideration***