A leading science and technology company that offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Strategic Intelligence supports company leadership and colleagues in strategy, business development and marketing roles with decision enabling, actionable intelligence and insights leveraging internal partnerships, primary and secondary intelligence sources.
Your role: As part of the Strategic Intelligence team, the Developer will be responsible for supporting the development of a dynamic, real-time Competitive Intelligence dashboard. The Developer will utilize their experience in data visualization & analytics, software development, automated data collection, and the customizations of existing tools to partner with the competitive Intelligence team in designing the dashboard and drive the execution.
Who you are: The ideal candidate will be comfortable performing quantitative analysis and have strong and creative programming and data analytics skills. Utilizing their expertise in dashboard development and visualization, the incumbent will be able to write code to retrieve data from a variety of sources and translate these data into crisp, clear, and effective dashboard tools suitable for senior leadership consumption. The incumbent will be able to bring the team’s broader vision to production by leveraging their programming experience and technical strength. Success in this position will be driven by flexibility and a willingness to work closely with the team to understand and realize the shared vision.
Additional skills required for this role include:
• BA/BS degree in computer science, data science, or similar quantitative field required; advanced degree a plus
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing custom data visualizations
• Advanced proficiency & demonstrated experience in Tableau, SharePoint, and VBA required (including ability to share a portfolio of sample / example work); web programming experience with PHP, Python, or similar highly desirable
• Advanced analytics experience, including natural language processing & machine learning desirable
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented with quick adaptability to change and comfort with uncertainty