Want to work for an established firm that provides many opportunities and significant professional growth? Want to be a part of a cutting edge and technology driven firm? Our client is seeking a TS/SCI Systems Administrator in support of their corporate IT systems in Arlington, VA. This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your talent to a growing, thriving analytics services and systems engineering company who supports US Government and commercial customers. The right person in this position has a fantastic opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the company and their employees. We are looking for someone who is flexible, creative, self-motivated, detailed and collaborative.
A successful candidate in this position will be driven by technical challenges, enjoy interacting with end users by phone, email, IM and/or in person, and have an inherent commitment to high standards and quality in configured solutions. They will apply advanced knowledge of IA/IS concepts, practices, and procedures. The candidate will provide all touch labor and maintenance (software / hardware / configuration management, etc.) for servers, networked printers, MS Active Directory administration, and SEP using independent judgment for resolution of problems with limited supervision.
- Administer and manage Active Directory, Group Policy, GPO creation, etc.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs PC computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
- Analyze system and network performance for potential security problems
- Evaluate potential IA security risks and develop appropriate corrective and recovery actions
- Configure, optimize, and test network servers, routers, switches, and other computing appliances
- Recommend and implement approved security policies, procedures, and technical requirements
- Analyze patterns of non-compliance and take appropriate administrative or programmatic actions to minimize security risks and insider threats; manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance; no exceptions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS in a server 2008/2012 mixed environment.
- Experience administering and configuring MS Hyper-V services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent.
- 3 years of sys admin experience, with a track record of progressive growth within the IT field, i.e. Helpdesk, desktop support experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations with limited information
- Excellent English communication, written and prioritization skills.
- Highly developed research, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Attentive to detail; able to document problems and solutions.
Our client is an employee-owned company who offers unique opportunities to customize your career path. They offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program. EOE/Veterans/Disabled.