The purpose of the Systems & Infrastructure (S&I) Manager role is to provide management of all networking and infrastructure resources and networking staff. Responsibilities include LAN/WAN/WLAN infrastructure management, VOIP system management as well as managing other systems and infrastructure related devices. This individual will also be responsible for managing warranty information on PCs and servers and keeping maintenance and support contracts on all networking devices. The S&I Manager will be responsible for the administration of infrastructure software licenses and license contracts. This individual will play a key role in invoking a Business Continuity plan in the case of a disaster and will also play a primary role in administering the virtual server environment. The S&I Manager will serve as a technical resource in supporting various departments with technical projects.
1. Provide network project management, technology research, vendor management, product evaluation, and current systems documentation in support of IT and operations.
2. Management, assistance, and training of Network staff. Perform yearly evaluations of and training to staff. Conduct weekly project update meetings to inform management of project progress. Serve as a third tier support resource for IT staff.
3. Provide management of network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/WLAN) and network security devices. This includes Cisco switches, firewalls, wireless LAN controllers, etc.
4. Management of PC and server maintenance contracts and renewals, administration of corporate software licenses and contracts. These duties include managing license contracts such as the Microsoft WA and VMware corporate contracts.
5. Provide VOIP System administration, configuration and support. This includes setup and configuration of phones, fax gateways, etc. It also includes management of the Contact Center system, voicemail system, and carrier equipment.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
Experience: 7+ years’ experience in Enterprise Network, VMware Administration, and VOIP Administration.
Special Training: Technical project management, Advanced Cisco LAN & VOIP training, budget management.