Position Overview – Supervisor -- Cyber Security Analysis ($115-125K Plus 10-15% Bonus)
Fortune 500 Company is looking for a replacement for their newly promoted Supervisor, now acting Manager. The client provides a great opportunity to grow, great work/life balance, excellent culture, great retirement benefits ($12K plus at Supervisor level), flexible hours, and a great culture with little travel . This role will play a key role on our established Information Systems Audit/Cyber Security Analysis team and help to continue to refine our approach to auditing information and technology risk in a fast-paced environment. The Supervisor will typically work with other ISA Supervisors and Managers across the team to consult on scoping security reviews, design and execute testing procedures to assess security practices and technologies, and advise on potential security risks and control weaknesses.
The Supervisor will evaluate and improve the Information Security practices across the enterprise, with exposure to a wide variety of topics and technologies. This individual will have the opportunity to interact with senior management across the company and influence improvements in the company’s cyber security posture. S/he will regularly interact with senior management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers, requiring the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationship.
• Assist with scoping and executing reviews of a wide variety of information and technology risk related topics, such as governance, security awareness, security monitoring, policies and standards, system security assessments, threat and vulnerability management, identity and access management, incident response and recovery, encryption, and authentication.
• Work collaboratively and independently with business and technology leaders alike to identify challenges, problems, and recommendations for improvement.
• Build collaborative working relationships with clients and key business and technology stakeholders.
• Assess enterprise wide information security risk using relevant industry best practice, guidance, and frameworks.
• Conduct security reviews of varying technologies.
• Perform and document work in accordance with audit team standards.
• Maintain technical knowledge through ongoing research and review of industry publications.
• Contribute to team knowledge through training and knowledge sharing.
• Minimum of 5 years working in IT audit and IT security areas such as penetration testing, security monitoring, forensics, threat management, vulnerability management, security engineering, identity and access management, and system security assessments
• Requires a CISSP certification
• Bachelor’s degree in in Management Information Systems, Business Administration with an emphasis in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting Information Systems, or Math
• Demonstrated expertise in performing audits over information security or working in information security
• Knowledge and experience evaluating against industry standards such as NIST or ISO
• Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
• Ability to operate as a self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills
• Ability to understand business processes, management objectives, risk appetite and tolerances and impact of changes to risk profiles
• At least 2 years of experience in conducting Information Security audits.
• Experience and understanding of a variety of security technologies and tools.
• Ability to communicate complex analyses tailored to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical understanding.
• Energetic and highly motivated.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organization levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.