Our client is recruiting for a Sr. Compensation Analyst to join their HR Business Unit in their Pittsburgh, PA office.
The Senior Compensation Analyst is an integral part of the Human Resources department, who will work as part of the Total Rewards Center of Excellence to help shape and influence the compensation process and procedures. You will participate in or lead several key projects, including survey participation and annual processes, providing a broad spectrum of compensation support to the organization. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person who has excellent analytical skills, high energy, and business leadership and communication.
This position performs data collection, analysis, and monitoring of data to identify business needs, perform trend calculations, and provide recommendations that will assist in the creation of compensation strategies and methodologies that drive performance and results through performance based compensation practices. The candidate will be focused on supporting the HR Compensation function which will include, but not limited to, taking a lead or partnership role on compensation matters with all levels of the business; developing, implementing. administering and communicating compensation programs and incentive practices; providing expert guidance and assistance in implementing base pay and job classification systems;; and developing and implementing training and projects. This position will also be responsible for supporting special projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with HR on salary determinations for new hires, promotions, transfers, changes, and other compensation actions by analyzing both internal and market pay and providing data-based recommendations
- Review, evaluate and analyze survey and internal data to determine appropriate level and salary grade for new and existing jobs
- Manage the market survey process; coordinate the participation in market surveys across the internal teams, develop calendar timeline, employee detail required and accurate submission of survey materials.
- Audit jobs for content; assist in the preparation of job descriptions to reflect accurate job responsibilities, activities, duties, essential functions and requirements to ensure accurate FLSA status
- Participate in efforts to revise and streamline existing compensation processes and/or to develop new compensation processes
- Responsible for the maintenance of compensation and compensation-related data in the HRIS system and any other internal systems of record, including job codes, salary structures, employee data entry, reporting and validation
- Develop and provide standardized monthly, quarterly, and annual compensation reporting and analysis for HR and senior management
- Develop and maintain compensation communication, training templates, and self-service materials; responsible for standardizing email and print communications
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of compensation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Business, Finance or related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical skills, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully manage tasks and activities within the business and with external business partners
- Ability to work with and influence others effectively at the management level and cross-functionally
- Extensive Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- CCP designation or coursework a plus