As a software engineer you will be responsible for designing, building and testing components for each tier of an enterprise predictive analytics platform. We are looking for a smart, energetic developer who understands how to build enterprise-grade big data applications from the ground up and loves writing clean, modular, and maintainable code. The right candidate needs to be a quick learner and will be challenged to build solutions that will be deployed in the cloud.
BA/BS in Engineering or a related technical field.
Solid Python programming skills
2+ years of experience in a similar position
Expertise in Python
Flask experience is preferred, with Django experience at a minimum
Experience and/or academic focus involving:
· Data science
· Predictive analytics and/or
· Machine learning
Thorough, organized, detail-oriented mindset with a positive attitude toward problem solving
Self-motivated & independent study
Ability to work well as part of a small, dedicated team
Problem solver, self-starter, and strong communicator
Experience and / or developing and deploying enterprise SaaS software
Knowledge of aviation, rail or industrial maintenance not required, but it is a plus
Experience developing analytic solutions for large enterprise operations or maintenance operations
Background and Scope
Support the full range of day-to-day priorities of the team, primarily focused on software development and implementation
Contribute to requirements needed on a small team including:
· Supporting build systems
· Interacting with stakeholders, etc.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced small team environment.
- Front end focus, with some back-end development responsibilities (Python)
- You should be a creative problem-solver who demonstrates a clear and thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
- Must be able to communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences.