Do you want to work in a laid back company with an amazing opportunity to learn a ton over the next year? This company is expecting several retirements over the next couple of years and are ready to do the knowledge transfer! This position will support 2 key applications for the company- including one data driven application that assists scientists with predictive analytics!
This is a 100+ person company that is a leader in their space. They have amazing brand loyalty
The position will coordinate strategies to make sure technologies are interconnected and software products are working smoothly. You will provide guidance, mentoring and support to other engineers and team members to drive the team to continuous improvement. Acting as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment will be expected to lead projects and share expertise.
· Participate in the design, development, testing and deployment of high quality, secure and highly available software. Working in a highly cross-functional capacity.
· Play a central role in the architect and delivery of software products and services for the Association and its subsidiaries.
· Develop new features from conception through completion while ensuring that customers continue to have an exceptional user experience.
· Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
· Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output.
· May serve as a technical team or task leader.
· Design and develop C# and SQL based N-tier client/server applications.
· Development activities include real-time database driven applications, services and management components. · Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
· Must stay current and maintain knowledge of relevant emerging technologies and products.
· Provide support to the Information Systems department by participating in other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: · Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or other applicable fields, or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum five years of software development experience with C# and SQL based N-tier client/server·
· Must be familiar with all phases of the software development life cycle.
· Must have proven ability to make solid, independent technical decisions for high performance, low resource server software.
· Crystal reports and mobile application development is a plus.