This is a long standing Kansas City company that has been in business over 50 years! This opportunity is open due to a retirement. They have a very family friendly work environment and a highly convenient location right off of the highway.
This role is perfect for anyone with a passion for engineering and engineering technology. This position will work directly with the engineering team and supporting applications such as AutoCad, Inventor and Assembly. Candidates with experience in manufacturing could be given preference.
The Application Developer’s role includes designing, building, and implementing new enterprise applications, integrating with back end systems; migrating legacy applications to the Web; and performing day-to-day administration of the organization’s application portfolio.
As a senior developer, this role actively participates in setting organizational application development strategy. As a smaller development shop, these roles afford you the opportunity for cradle-to-grave development including helping to design the application, development, testing and implementation.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Formal Education & Certification
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications.
- Provide post-implementation production support
- Serve as a technical resource for other programmers.
- Participate in company technology projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering.
- At least six years of experience developing enterprise applications.
Possess skills in three or more of the following:
Preferable Knowledge & Experience
- Microsoft C#
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with integration to other business systems; ERP, CRM, etc.
- Working knowledge of a web CMS preferably WordPress web content management
- Proficiency in a variety of Object Oriented programming languages.
- Web service experience - REST / SOA / SOAP
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Extensive relational database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirement