Senior Embedded Software Engineer
World renowned manufacturer and precision engineering organization seeking an Embedded Software Development Engineer.
Former Forbes "World's Best Employer" develops and manufacturers highly specialized, customized products/systems for niche applications (OEMs/distribution/channels) in various industries globally.
This role is part of a new product development team, developing state-of-the art automation systems. This is a critical hire for the group, leading the design review, analyzing and critiquing embedded software designs incorporating engineering best practices. We seek a strong leader who is comfortable in a team environment, ensuring integrity and quality of work is done well. A successful candidate requires competency in embedded software design, development and test, software release processes utilizing version control, and software bug tracking and resolution.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering
• 8-20+ years experience in embedded software design, development and test, software release processes utilizing version control, and software bug tracking and resolution.
• Team Leadership experience is a plus, or ability to drive excellence to off-shore or 3rd party design teams
• Experienced in C, C++, or C# required, and CAN networking (desired)
• Experience with Fieldbus industrial network protocols is highly desirable.
• Knowledge in the following engineering tools is preferred: Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), lean continuous improvement techniques, and Agile software development.
• Electronic circuit familiarity is desirable