Highly visible role at this stable and growing Kansas City company. This role will have a "seat at the table" with presentations to both internal and external customers. The role does require experience in health care or health insurance.
In this exciting leadership position, the Manager of Reporting leads a team of analytic/reporting professionals to deliver information solutions with first class customer service to both internal and external business stakeholders. They will be involved in and responsible for the analysis, development, and support related to complex reporting needs that may require research to comprehend all aspects of the issue. You will be expected to independently analyze information as requested by leadership and give cogent, useful and insightful advice. Your responsibilities will include oversight and direction of analyses and documentation of the team undertaken to assess program expansion and new program developments.
• Attract, retain, develop and mentor a highly trained analytic and reporting staff;
• Assess business needs and develop analytic solutions to meet those needs;
• Research data availability for a project, estimate time required to satisfy a request and proactively communicate to the requesting team.
• Develop an analysis plan and analyze data either independently or in a group setting as required.
• Lead the reporting team in the development of studies to assess program opportunities and program performance;
• Communicate results to business partners thru static or dynamic reports, visualizations, presentations, and written correspondence.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Mathematics Statistics or other relevant field or other experience/training commensurate for the role.
• Strong preference will be given to candidates with healthcare or health insurance industry experience.
•• Advanced MS Excel experience including ability to use a variety of Excel functions such as: VLOOKUP, ROUND, SUBTOTAL and SUMPRODUCT
• Ability to use MS Word and MS PowerPoint to convey results to customers and internal staff.
• Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in SQL or other data retrieval tool.
• 3-5 years of experience using a BI Tool such as Tableau, Cognos, Clickview
• Should have 8+ years of relevant reporting experience