Seeking leader to recruit, develop, train and coach a high performing motivated team of IT procurement specialists.
$100M - $300M annual IT spend.
Leads the engagement with IT through partnership and collaboration with CIO. to evaluate opportunities and resourcing. Position covers a spectrum of responsibilities including Contract Management, Purchasing Operations and Demand Management: Director will work in collaboration with Functional IT leaders to understand specific needs, understand volume forecasts to ensure highest quality of sourcing support and coverage. Drive the utilization of leading e-procurement tools such as catalog creation as appropriate to enhance ease of interaction with sourcing.
Reporting and Intelligence: Provide regular intelligence to stakeholders regarding the company’s evolving spend profile and savings results.
- Minimum 12 years IT sourcing using multiple path and process
- Clear understanding of current IT market trends and opportunities, near shoring, cloud computing and other new technology.
- Demonstrated ability to add value to a highly embedded IT partner relationship via demand management, process re-engineering and or other innovative strategies.
- Expert level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and or integrate market data, spend analytics and cost modeling.
- Broad domain expertise in IT and DDS, with experience sourcing and managing suppliers in at least five of the following sub-categories, including all hardware, software, cloud and professional services related to each:
- Data storage systems
- Local Area Network equipment
- Telecommunications services and equipment
- PBX switches
- PCI compliance infrastructure
- eDiscovery systems
- Identity management systems
- Laptops, Desktops and Servers
- Data Warehouses
- Application support services
- Desk top help desk services
- Microsoft Licenses
- Data Centers
- Video Surveillance systems
- Marketing Resource Management systems
- Facility Maintenance Management systems
- Application software
- IT Consulting services
- Point of Sale systems (enterprise class)
- Call centers
- Software and/or application development
- Financial/accounting systems
- Hospitality systems
- Purchasing and/or PS2 systems
- IBM i-series and/or p-Series environment
- Experience in using e-sourcing tools to execute and manage sourcing projects
- Experience in Ariba P 2 P and contract module.
- Experience in leveraging Gartner, Infotech and other industry tools to bring current and relevant IT strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree concentration in engineering, business, finance, or information systems management is preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers, well honed “radar” for stakeholder management.
- Track record of year over year delivery of distinctive value from strategic IT supply chain activities.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills, comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Develop and implement a comprehensives plan for assigned spend that drives improvements in cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Works specific cost reduction sourcing projects beginning to end while leading and coaching others with their sourcing projects
- Strong analytical skills. Able to seek out historical purchasing and usage data from multiple disparate sources, analyze the data and layout practical roadmaps to achieve cost reductions.
- Able to build a network with functional end-users and key stakeholders to influence change and maximize the benefits of national agreements
- Able to document specifications and supply requirements where none exist and obtain agreement from different stakeholders and end-users
- Develop, negotiate and manage supply agreements to ensure financial and service level goals are met
- Have a keen insight and understanding of business requirements on a 1-3-5 year horizon
- Able to mentor and lead a group of staff to achieve set objectives
- Must be successful at managing project work with multiple stakeholders while a steward of collaboration and participation of all its members.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products
Enthusiasm and drive to succeed consistent with our Code of Commitment