Converts project specifications into sequential, detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into computer processing language by creating flowcharts and/or pseduo-code where applicable.
Considers all aspects of project such as hardware design, hardware limitations, operating time, format of desired results and any other system constraints by working with project management.
Develops detailed program specifications including design of online screen and/or reports by working with project management and/or end users and receiving instruction and direction.
Eliminates errors before moving project to Quality Assurance by testing and debugging programs.
Maintains and enhances existing application programs by continually improving understanding of user’s needs and how the system can better support the user.
Formulates project plan by working with project management and outlining steps required to develop project and submits project plan to project management for approval.
Understands current operating procedures by consulting with users and reviewing project objectives.
Completes project assignments in a timely manner by receiving directions and project assignment priority from Project Leader/Manager.
Participates in the development of new Java Developers by providing guidance and training as needed.
Serves as lead Java Developer by overseeing assigned projects.
Ensures a timely progression of project completion by coordinating testing activities, including test data and results, with Quality Assurance.
Develops programs that run efficiently and adhere to standards by minimizing excess overhead in applications and re-using code and coding techniques.
Ensures long term maintainability of the system by documenting project according to guidelines.
Provides resolutions to problems by taking the initiative to use all resources available for research.
Provides programmer support on a 24-hour basis by participating in the Programmer of the Week (POW) rotation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
4 – 7 years of java based web development experience required.
Unix experience preferred.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
Knowledge of Jboss, WebSphere, J2EE (JMS, EJB, Servlet/JSP).
- Familiarity with Agile development processes.
- Knowledge of Spring MVC (Hibernate)
- Proficiency with application build concepts and tools (e.g. Gradle)
- Experience with junit and Test-driven Development.
- Possesses strong attention to detail.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Strong database access and design skills in relational databases like MS Sql Server, Oracle.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze the impact of decisions before execution.
- Possesses interpersonal skills.