Associate IT Auditor and Senior IT Auditor
We have a large international client in Reston, VA who is rapidly growing. They are currently expanding their internal audit team and are looking to bring on an Associate IT Auditor and a Senior IT Auditor. They are looking for those with a strong understanding of SQL, SQL scripts, UNIX, risk, controls and ideally SOX. Former experience working in government contracting or IT audit roles is strongly desired, but more importantly they want someone who understands the intricate workings of IT. They want someone that can be their subject matter expertise to the audit department and be responsible for planning and performing information systems, operational, internal control, corporate compliance, and SOX 404 audits.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Good question. Our client wants people who want to grow with their organization, have a say in developing their internal controls and help to teach and mentor the IT Audit team understand IT. Additionally, this is a new department, so you will have a ton of opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of tasks and get involved in areas you are passionate about and you won’t be micromanaged. Additionally, if you are stronger on the IT side and less on the audit, they are willing to train you and help you excel in the role.
- Participates in and/or conducts Information Technology audits, Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, investigations, and other operational/compliance audits, ranging from detailed testing to evaluating and establishing audit scopes
- Write and understand SQL/scripts and codes to make testing more efficient
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations
- Participates in the modification/development of audit programs
- Takes responsibility for overall completion of assigned audit areas of engagements, from planning to wrap-up
- Supervises and directs audit team members with less seniority, including reviewing work papers and evaluating their performance
- Demonstrates a good understanding of technology standards and components
- Uses audit programs as a guide for performing audit, while modifying audit procedures to meet circumstances of individual audit, given the auditee’s systems, the inherent risk, and Internal Audit objectives
- Provides recommendations to improve overall audit efficiency and offers potential solutions to engagement problems, such as time overruns, client obstacles, etc.
- Identifies potential audit issues by considering impact of exceptions and assessing related risk; Determines whether further investigation is necessary and develops sound conclusions as to their significance
- Takes initiative to develop in-depth knowledge of the company and the operations of the business unit being audited
- Uses time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and manages/completes multiple and/or complex engagement
- Facilitates a team environment, both during fieldwork and while in the office, providing guidance to staff with less seniority, and assists superiors with their tasks
- Effectively communicates with auditee, peers, subordinates, and management, both orally and in writing
- Lead and participate in performing risk assessments and developing the annual audit plan
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related disciplines
- 2-8 years of experience related to Information Technology Audit
- Experience with SQL, SQL scripts, Unix, risk, testing and controls
- Willing to travel between 10-25%
- Hands-on experience with general controls reviews and experience performing application reviews or process reviews.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and oral communications.
- US Citizenship is required to access military sites for audits
- Dual major in Computer Science or MIS and Accounting
- Consulting or “Big4” experience
- Experience working on Government Contracting engagements
- Experience performing HIPPA, PCI or FISMA assessments.
- Possess or successfully working toward CISA Certification