Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Chief Technology Officer/Chief Security Officer
Job Opportunity at
Kyler Professional Search
Posted on Jul 12
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)/ Chief Security Officer (CSO)
will be responsible for setting and managing technical vision for this fast growing organization.
Primary responsibilities include establishing sound technical frameworks for software development, infrastructure, data acquisition, information and technical risk management.
The CTO/CSO will direct all technology services relating to both the company’s products and services and internal operations.
• Directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of an enterprise wide technology infrastructure.
• Directs the activities necessary to keep the technology infrastructure running seamlessly, securely, efficiently, and effectively while ensuring compliance with established standards and policies.
• Acts as the Chief Security Officer for the company and leads the Cybersecurity committee to address all Cyber Security and Physical Security requirements.
• Responds to all client requests with regard but not limited to questions about application security, disaster recovery, business continuity, SDLC processes, ITIL processes, physical security.
• Responsible for all vendor’s security requirements ensuring client data is protected and reasonable measures are put in place to manage and assess all Cyber Security and Physical Security risks.
• Identifies opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
• Identifies technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
• Evaluates and identifies appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
• Leads strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all webbased services.
• Participates as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
• Collaborates with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
• Establishes a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
• Directs development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
• Directs development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Communicates the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
• Leads the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
• Serves as a key member of the company’s Strategic Planning Group.
• Leads teams to complete design and development projects under aggressive timelines and in conformity to high quality standards.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely.
• Ensures that technology standards and best practices are applied across the organization.
• Communicates the company’s technological vision, opportunities and challenges with investors, management, staff, partners, clients and stakeholders.
• Ensures the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing products and services comply with applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
• Collaborates with the company’s leadership team to assess and recommend technologies in support of company needs.
• Manages the technological aspects of research, development, and product design initiatives.
• Develops and monitors department budgets and forecasts.
• Optimizes costs of services through a mix of internal and external resources with a focus on the return on investment associated with spending on technology.
• Aligns technological risk management and information risk management to industry standards and the company’s risk management objectives.
• Applies ingenuity and innovative thinking to evaluate options for design and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the clients’ best interests.
• Defines the company’s software development methodology. • Defines the company’s QA Methodology.
• Selects, deploys, and monitors performance profiling tools and procedures.
• Establishes a customer service and support process, with particular responsibility for web-based services that implement the support function.
• Establishes a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Must have experience as a CTO in a SaaS Company
Bachelor’s Degree with Master’s level education preferred. Computer Science or related discipline or commensurate experience
• 20 years of industry related experience; including 5 to 10 years management responsibility
• Knowledge of Collaboration tools and deployment (Intranet, Social Networks, IM, SharePoint)
• Experience with implementing business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations
• Demonstrate superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Terms of Usage
ITManagementCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)