GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Develops, codes, tests and debugs new non-complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity. Has good understanding of business application. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Resolves customer complaints with software performance and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent. Please contact your Human Resources Representative.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in developing Java applications.
“Must have” skills:
· Performance Engineer should have working knowledge of some programming language like C,C++,java. He should be aware of how objects are created/how they are destroyed etc. Familiarity with Memory allocation techniques/string Manipulation.
· Understanding about presentation layers, business layers, database layers work and testing across layers. Basic working knowledge of the Web server and tunings. Familiarity with OSI layer.
Physical,data link,network,session,transport,application and presentation layers.
· Unix scripting knowledge is essential.
· Performance engineer should know about how server farms works,what are the limitation of server farms,various methods of achieving load balancing across application like sticky session or via cookie. Should be familiar with the concepts of Hardware/Network/Software Virtualization concepts,benefits and risks. Basic concepts of cloud computing are essential.
· Should be familiar with unix/Linux Administration/ basic of application server and Tuning aspect of the Application servers.
· Good Operating System Fundamental Knowledge affecting application performormance (in terms of size of the page file,size of RAM or number of processor,Limitation of NIC card etc).Importance of context switches,thread mechanism, process,memory allocation should be known.Performance engineer should know the difference between Multi core/quad core etc systems and how does it affect the performance of the application.Good to have knowledge as how the kernel works etc.
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English
· Should be a team player with passion to learn.
· Basic networking concepts like usage of Ping,trace route,routing table,DNS functions,subnet mask including LAN and WAN Networks.
* Developer / Programmer background
* Performance tuning BG - able to identify any issue that can affect/impact system performance (Advises architecture, product development and production environments on technical hardware and software issues).
* Will act as the primary contact for key applications and expert knowledge resource for production and development environments.